The bizhub PRO C500 is built on the core engine and capabilities of its groundbreaking predecessors - the Konica Minolta 8050 and the Konica Minolta CF5001 - and features true 600 x 600 dpi resolution, 256 gradations per color per pixel, easy color calibration, and an enhanced version of Konica Minolta's Simitri® Color Polymerized Toner technology.
The enhanced version of Simitri enables the bizhub PRO C500 to deliver higher image quality with its wider color gamut and its new color profiles (available for the IP-921 Embedded Fiery® Image Controller and the IP-901 Fiery® Image Controller). In addition, with this new toner technology, users can now select matte or glossy output. By utilizing Simitri toner and the ACT™ (Advanced Continuous Toner) technology, the bizhub PRO C500 offers sharper text, better halftone clarity, precise image stability over long print runs, and superior quality electro-photographic prints by eliminating the need for fuser oil, as well as the ability to change toner on-the-fly for uninterrupted printing in time-sensitive situations.
Paper handling has also been improved for this new 50ppm device with two new finishing options - the FS-513 Staple Finisher and the FS-606 Booklet Finisher - and the ability to use a wider array of paper grades at higher print speeds.
New Finishing Options
Highly adaptable, the bizhub PRO C500 features a wide variety of finishing capabilities to meet the diverse needs of the production, workgroup and graphic arts markets with its two new finishing options. The FS-513 Staple Finisher offers multi-position staple, sort and group functionality, and the ability to add the two- and three-hole punch and post-sheet insertion finishing options. The FS-606 Booklet Finisher includes the functionality of the Staple Finisher, as well as tri-folding and saddle-stitch booklet-making capabilities. A trimming unit can also be added to the Booklet Finisher for the final touches to booklets and to prevent creeping.
Versatile Paper Handling
With support for up to 13″ x 19.2″, 110-lb.paper in any tray and up to 140-lb. index/coated stock from its bypass and Large Capacity Trays (LCT), as well as a standard paper capacity of 1,750 sheets and a maximum paper capacity of 4,250 sheets, the bizhub PRO C500 is designed to have the flexible media support that high-speed, high-volume color printing demands. With true full-bleed 12″ x 18″ printing, the bizhub PRO C500 enables the preservation of color bars and crop marks.
In addition, both the optional 100-sheet RADF, with its scan-once, print-many technology (Scan-to-Email, Scan-to-FTP, Scan-to-HDD and Scan-to-Mailbox) and full support for mixed-sized original copying, and the standard stackless duplex unit, with its two-sided color copying/printing capabilities, provide time and cost savings.
Image Controller and Software Options
The bizhub PRO C500 offers the best in terms of connectivity with the IP-921 Embedded Fiery® Image Controller and the IP-901 Fiery® Image Controller. A cost-effective solution for network printing, the IP-921 features an Intel Pentium III 850MHz processor, 256 MB of RAM and a 40 GB hard drive. The Fiery IP-901 includes a powerful 2GHz processor, 512 MB of RAM standard and a 60 GB hard drive, as well as built-in Fiery® ColorWise® color management utilities with Pantone support and color calibration. For advanced production and graphics needs, the Fiery® DocBuilder™ Pro 1.5 and the Fiery® Graphic Arts software options are also available for both the IP-921 and IP-901 Image Controllers.
″With the bizhub PRO C500, we have brought the groundbreaking performance and value of our 8050/CF5001 color production printing system to another level. The bizhub PRO C500 is a central resource that includes the offerings of the 8050/CF5001 plus increased reliability, greater versatility, lower operating costs and higher image quality - all at an unprecedented price,″ said Kevin P. Kern, vice president, product planning and development, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. ″With the bizhub PRO C500, we have introduced a device that will help us to maintain our top market share position and that will serve as an ideal digital production printing solution for delivering the short-run, high-speed, customized color production printing applications needed for today's business documents.″
Highlighted bizhub PRO C500 Features:
- Copy and print speeds of 50ppm color and B&W
- Maximum monthly duty cycle - 150,000 pages
- Enhanced Konica Minolta Simitri® Color Polymerized Toner
- Konica Minolta's Advanced Continuous Toner™ (ACT) technology for changing toner on-the-fly
- Toner yields - 20,000 pages for color and 30,000 pages for B&W
- 600 x 600 dpi resolution; 256 gradations per color per pixel
- Maximum document size of up to 13″ x 19.2″, for 12″ x 18″ full-bleed printing
- 24-lb. bond up to 110-lb. index through main paper trays; up to 140-lb. index/coated through bypass tray and the optional LCT
- 1,750-sheet standard/4,250-sheet maximum paper capacity
- PageScope software for document and network device management
- IP-921 Embedded Fiery Image Controller with an Intel Pentium III 850MHz processor, 256 MB of RAM and a 40 GB hard drive
- IP-901 Fiery Image Controller with 2 GHz processor, up to 512MB of standard memory, 60GB hard drive and optional production and graphic arts software packages
- Advanced finishing options, including: multi-position stapling, saddle-stitch booklet-making, two and three-hole punching, trimming and post-sheet insertion