Exerience the competitive business advantages of peak performance and productivity with the Sharp FO-DC550 Document Communication System. This advanced yet compact multifunction document system offers standard copying, PC printing, Super G3 faxing, and full color scanning features. Additionally, the FO-DC550 can be easily connected to a network to meet the demands of a busy workgroup with high-quality PC printing, as well as full-color network scanning.
Feature-rich Copy Functions
- High-quality 600 dpi output at a fast 16 pages-per-minute
- Standard 250-sheet paper supply, upgradeable to 500 sheets for added productivity
- Versatile 50-sheet bypass tray enables easy copying and printing onto different size paper (3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ up to 8 1/2″ x 14″), envelopes, labels and transparencies.
- 30-sheet reversing document feeder allows for quick copying of multi-page originals - simplex or duplex.
- Up to 100-page electronic sorting, and offset output stacking handles multiple sets with ease
- Wide range of enlargement and reduction settings (25% to 400% zoom magnification)
- Eight preset modes for easy image to paper sizing
- 33.6 Kbps modem for fastest fax communication
Super G3 Fax Function
- JBIG compression reduces file sizes dramatically
- 2 MB memory
- Stores up to 50 jobs
- 18 one-touch rapid dial keys and 100 abbreviated (speed) dialers
- Group dialing up to 100 locations
- Print hold feature for secure fax receptions
High-efficiency Out-of-the-Box PC Printing
- Host-based print controller utilizes JBIG compression, reducing the file size of jobs for faster printing.
- Standard USB 2.0 interface and IEEE 1284 bi-directional parallel interface provide flexible connection alternatives.
- 32 MB standard memory for fast, efficient output of big jobs
Built-in Color Scanning for Enhanced Document Flow
- Increase productivity by converting black & white and color documents into digital files that can be shared, archived, or e-mailed.
- Easily edit, save or distribute documents electronically with Sharpdesk™ Lite integrated desktop document management software.
- Eliminate the need for extra peripherals that take up valuable office space.
Flexible Networking Capability (with optional AR-NB2N)
- User-friendly utilities and driver software make for easy integration into an existing network environment.
- Simple plug-and-play, full-featured AR-NB2N Network Expansion Kit option offers PCL6 network printing, walk-up network scanning, web-based device management and more.
- Option enables all network users to Scan to Email, Scan to Desktop, Scan to FTP, Scan to URL and Scan to Print, enhancing workflow and increasing productivity.
- PCL6 print emulation processes large jobs quickly.
- Backward compatible with PCL5e for predictable printing of even older documents
Advanced Software and Web-based Management Tools (included with AR-NB2N network option)
- Printer Administration Utility allows for easy management of any SNMP-compliant printer on the network, right from your desktop.
- View the status of print jobs and printer conditions through an easy-to-use Print Status Monitor graphical interface.
- Password-protected Web-based management provides user and administrator with many timesaving tools, such as device configuration, scan destination management, feature control, Remote E-mail Diagnostics, IP/MAC Address Filtering and more.
- My Sharp, a new dedicated customer-care website, allows users to locate resources and find information specific to a Sharp Digital IMAGER (available summer 2004, ask your local authorized Sharp dealer).