The HP LaserJet 5 (EX-II) was created
to advance the proven performance of the LaserJet 4 Plus even further, and it does just that. It is even easier to use and is 32 percent faster with a 33Mhz processor and 12 ppm EXII engine. The HP PCL 6 language increases its capability to print complex pages, while remaining compatible with past and future HP LaserJet printers, and its bi-directional port transfers data twice as fast. It has Industry-standard parallel, serial, and wireless infrared ports. The LaserJet 5's expandable design allows you to add only the features you need, while giving you the flexibility to add capabilities as your printing needs change.
version adds built-in network readiness for shared printing in small Ethernet 10Base-T workgroups, as well as Novell NDPS capability.
version is network-ready for Macintosh and mixed Macintosh/PC environments, with its built-in HP JetDirect print server for Ethernet/LocalTalk and genuine Adobe POstScript Level 2, as well as PCL 6.
- 300 / 600 x 600 dpi, plus built-in HP REt and enhanced grayscale.
- Memory: 4 MB standard on 5 and 5N, expandable to 66 MB. 6 MB standard on 5M, expandable to 52 MB. Built-in MEt.
- Standard input capacity of 350 sheets, with one 250 sheet tray and one 100 sheet multipurpose tray. Handles executive, letter, A4, A5, legal paper sizes, letter and A4 transparencies, letter and A4 labels. Holds up to 10 envelopes at a time: Com-10, Monarch, DL. C5, B5.
- Optional high capacity 500-sheet paper trayand optional 75-envelope feeder available.
- 250-sheet output capacity.
- 33 MHz Intel 80960 JF Processor, 12 pages per minute.
- 35,000 page monthly duty cycle.
- Font: 5 and 5N- 45 PCL Scalable Truetype Typefaces. 65 additional scaleable typefaces on disk for Windows. 5M- same, with the addition of 35 PostScript Type 1 Typefaces and 75 additional scaleable typefaces for PostScript users in Windows.
- HP PCL 6 is standard in the 5 and 5N (compatible with PCL 5), andAdobe PostScript is optional. The 5M adds built-in PostScript Level 2.